- Catch up on sleep for sanity and health reasons. I have been battling insomnia lately, and I can feel it taking a toll on my body and mind. Not enough sleep can bring on all kinds of illnesses I don’t want.
- Make time to write. I love to write. It’s my habit, my passion. I know I work full time and have other commitments, but I need to devote more time to my creative outlet. My sanity depends upon it.
- Eat right. My digestion has changed through the years. I don’t really enjoy alcohol much, and cream cheese and a half dozen delicacies twist everything around inside. Eating more veggies and lean meat and drinking more water does a body good. Inside and out.
- Keep my mind active. Read a new book. Play Jewel’s Saga. Watch a nature show. Take a class. Every step backwards is a step I can never get back. Learn something new every day.
- Keep love in my heart. I know that sounds so simple. But the world can harden us. As we get older – as I get older – I have less patience and understanding. I don’t want to turn hard. I don’t want to live under thick skin. I want to love even when I don’t understand. For that kind of love strengthens the overflow I have for those I care about.
Make your own list. And stick to it. It’s easier than you think.